2 Poblano chilies (fresh), or, green bell peppers (halved lengthwise; stems, seeds, and veins removed)
1 Jalapeño (small; seeded and coarsely chopped)
2 cups Cilantro leaves (fresh)
3 limes (juiced; 1/4 cup)
1 tbsp. honey
1 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 cup & 2 tablespoons Olive oil (extra-virgin)
4 FISH&CO Grouper Fillets
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
6 ounces Tortilla chips
2 heads Romaine lettuce (thinly sliced)
1. Heat broiler.
2. Place the poblanos open-side down on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil for 5 minutes, or, until the skins blacken. Let cool in a bowl covered with plastic wrap.
3. Once cooled, discard skins. Slice poblanos into long, thin strips.
4. Place jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, honey, and ¾ teaspoon salt in a blender. Set to pulse to mix. While mixing, carefully add ¼ cup of oil, or, until a smooth vinaigrette forms.
5. Heat remaining oil in a large pan on medium heat.
6. Season the fish with the remaining salt and the pepper.
7. Cook the fish until it is opaque throughout (about 5 minutes per side).
8. Add the poblanos and chips to lettuce. Drizzle with the vinaigrette, and toss. Serve alongside the fish.
Recipe adapted from Real Simple.