2 Red onions, chopped
3 Red chilies, chopped
2 cm fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
8 Garlic cloves, peeled and halved
1/4 cup Vegetable oil
6 Cardamom pods
2 Cinnamon sticks
1 teaspoon Black peppercorns
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
400 ml coconut milk
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 1/2 kg FISH&CO Kingfish Steaks, cut into bite-size pieces
2 -3 tablespoons lime juice
1. Process onion, chilies, ginger and garlic to a paste.
2. Heat oil in wok, stir fry paste until fragrant. Add dried spices and cook further 2 minutes.
3. Add coconut milk, sugar and 1/2 cup water and simmer 30 minutes.
4. You can prepare this far and add fish at the last minute and/or steamed vegetables.
5. Add fish, cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes until fish cooked.
6. Lastly add lime juice and season with salt.
Fat: 23.50 g
Protein: 3.40 g
Recipe adapted from Food.com